My favourite songs & albums 2018
Lieblingsmusik – Best of 2018
My favourite songs & albums 2018.
Music by women, queer artists and everyone else who’s music is speaking from their hearts.
What’s better than music to remember the times gone by?
For me it’s the best way to help my memory and to go an excursion into past and to meet old friends. 🙂
01. The Internet – Mood [Hive Mind|2018]
02. Jens Friebe – Es Leben die Drogen [ Fuck Penetration|2018]
03. First Aid Kit – Ugly [Tender Offerings|2018]
04. Christine and the Queens – 5 Dollars [Chris|2018]
05. Janelle Monáe – Make Me Feel [Dirty Computer|2018]
06. Calvin Johnson – Bubbles Cloud and Rainbows [A Wonderful Beast|2018]
07. Cat Power – Woman (feat. Lana Del Rey) [Wonder|2018]
08. Black Belt Eagle Scout – Indians Never Die [Mother of My Children|2018]
09. Adrianne Lenker – Womb [Abysskiss|2018]
10. Hey Ocean! – The Feels [The Hurt of Happiness|2018]
11. Miss Li – Love Hurts [A Woman’s Guide to Survival|2017]
12. The Decemberists – We All Die Young [I’ll Be Your Girl|2018]
13. Okkervil River – External Actor [In the Rainbow Rain|2018]
14. The Watson Twins – Down in the Valley [Down in the Valley|2018]
15. Mirah – Hot Hot [Understanding|2018]
16. Frankie Cosmos – The End [Vessel|2018]
I would love to hear about your favourite songs & albums 2018 in the comments!
From 2002 to 2018 me and some friends had a weekly music radio show. the name of the show was balm&creak and you could listen to it online and on Stadtradio Göttingen. I'm working on archiving at least some of the shows, so that you can listen to them (in German).
I also djed quite often in those years as DJ very serious. No matter what I did with music, it was always important to me to play music made by women, queer artists and people who you can feel and believe in what they are doing.
In Göttingen I worked in the best record shop in the world for a while: DisRecords.